This new integration will allow Now Platform developers to code locally in a modern, flexible text editor.
Leading freelance skills expert, Upwork, recently ranked ServiceNow® technology aptitude as the No. 1 fastest-growing skill for independent professionals in its 2019 Skills Index.
As demand for ServiceNow expertise continues to grow, ServiceNow is enabling Now Platform® developers to work more efficiently by seamlessly integrating with the tools developers already know and love.
And today, we are excited to introduce another integration stemming from our strategic alliance with Microsoft. The ServiceNow extension for Microsoft Visual Studio Code allows developers to innovate on the Now Platform in the lightweight, extensible Visual Studio Code editor. To keep pace with the rapid speed of innovation, developers must be armed with the right tools that provide frictionless experiences and make work easier. With this new integration, ServiceNow developers will be able to work offline in their favorite text editor, advancing our mission to make the world of work, work better for people.
The ServiceNow extension for Microsoft Visual Studio Code will:
· Support the development of multiple ServiceNow projects, such as packages, custom apps, stored apps and plug-ins, as well as offline development and sync back so that developers can work whenever and wherever they choose, without being connected to their instance all the time.
· Support basic and OAuth authentication and allow for two-way synchronization of files between Visual Studio Code and instance and a unified diff tool for viewing differences.
Driving digital transformation across the enterprise
ServiceNow’s strategic partnership with Microsoft began in the Fall of 2018. The strength of our relationship is felt by customers today with more than 20 integrations available between Microsoft and ServiceNow. Examples of other ServiceNow-Microsoft integrations include:
· Exchange online e-mail phishing integration with ServiceNow – Microsoft security & compliance center integration with ServiceNow.
· Azure Active Directory integration with ServiceNow – Fun fact: Azure AD authenticates more ServiceNow customers than any other identity provider.
· Azure Logic App connector for ServiceNow – Use it natively in Azure Sentinel to build playbooks that can automatically create a ServiceNow incidents from Azure Sentinel alerts.
· Centralized Security Response – with ServiceNow® Security Operations and Microsoft Azure Sentinel – allows customers to manage and respond to security incidents centrally from the Now Platform.
For more information on the integration, join the discussion on the Now Platform and Microsoft Visual Studio Code.
© 2019 ServiceNow, Inc. All rights reserved. ServiceNow, the ServiceNow logo, Now, and other ServiceNow marks are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of ServiceNow, Inc., in the United States and/or other countries. Other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.