At ServiceNow we’re using the Now Platform ® to automate and accelerate every corner of the enterprise. That’s what Now on Now is all about—sharing stories about journey of transformation along the three key dimensions that are top-of-mind for CIOs. First, Business Velocity goes beyond simple automation of routine tasks and even cloud-based operations, to where machines completely manage the processes. Second, Actionable Intelligence evolves from static dashboards and backward-looking analytics, to real-time predictive analytics generated by self-learning machine-based intelligence. Finally, the Customer Experience is transformed from online portals and generic mobile capabilities, to a self-service environment where the platform proactively executes work based on individual actions and needs.
I’d like to highlight our first Now on Now example in IT Service Management . Tomer Mekhty, Vice President of Global IT Operations, says the company has saved $1.6 million per year in operating costs by automating over 50 processes and 200 tasks and provided a better experience for our employees. Here are just a handful of process examples:
- Major Incident Management – The system now identifies the right response team and automatically triggers communication, shortening incident resolution time by 60% and reducing SLA breaches by 58%.
- Change Approvals – Risk assessment-based change approval ensures faster and more accurate change review.
- Access Provisioning – Automating access management using self-service and orchestrated provisioning reduces manual effort and increases control.
- Incident Catalog by Service – Users can select from a drop-down list of common incidents, rather than manually filling in every field.
The benefits of automating ITSM go far beyond the cost savings (see sidebar). Here are some other key wins:
- Increased Velocity – As noted above, the time to resolve major IT incidents (e.g., system and network outages) has been cut by 60%. Fixing major IT issues faster sends positive ripples throughout the whole company, particularly in areas like Finance and Sales that depend on real-time data and system availability.
- Better Visibility and Insight – IT service reviews used to be PowerPoint-based, which was very time-consuming and inefficient. Now reviews are fully automated using ServiceNow Performance Analytics dashboards. And the information that’s displayed on the dashboards is role-based, so every reviewer sees the exact level of detail that’s relevant to their job—no more, no less.