At ServiceNow we’re committed to providing a high-quality customer service. In fact, there are no support tiers—no silver, gold or platinum levels—and customer service is a corporate promise. Great service isn’t the responsibility of the customer service department alone we engage many departments across the organization to resolve issues.
Our self-service portal and knowledge base ensure that customers can obtain service effortlessly when they want it. With automation and machine intelligence we improve the efficiency of case categorization, prioritization, and assignment to shorten the time to resolution and minimize escalations. We also increase loyalty by assessing customer health in real-time to eliminate issues before customer contact. Let’s take a closer look at our approach to customer service management and how we use the Now ® Platform to operate our business.
Our support system of engagement was built on the Now Platform since Day 1, but we’ve continued to evolve it over time in many ways to improve service delivery. We migrated from manual to automated tracking and reporting of customer support using Performance Analytics, which gives us real-time, actionable insights. We extended the self-service capabilities to increase responsiveness and enhance the experience for our customers and agents. Ian Cox, senior director of application development, is leading the incorporation of ServiceNow Agent Intelligence, a machine learning solution that supports continuous improvement in categorizing and routing customer service tickets.
Our focus on continuous improvement of our customer service management operations has resulted in the following amazing results:
- A 13-point increase in Net Promoter Score (NPS) over the past two years due to automated product fixes and updates
- 30% lower case growth versus customer growth due to automation
- 25% case deflection through personalized self-service portal and knowledge
- 2,400 customer issues fixed proactively each quarter through automated monitoring
- $9.6 million saved per year by reducing case volume with automation
The Now Platform also delivers benefits in three strategic areas:
- Improved Experience – Our easy-to-use self-service portal is accessible receives an above average or excellent rating from 75% of our customers (see dashboard). Our Support team’s experience is also enhanced. For example, when an issue occurs, an agent can initiate a conference call directly from the Now Platform. With the push of a button, the system automatically connects a team of specialists from across the company with the right skills to troubleshoot the problem.
- Increased Velocity – By automating 80,000 product fixes and updates per month, we have machines talking to machines, which improves quality, eliminates customer’s issues, and saves 166,000 support hours annually. In addition, the system automatically routes cases to engineers based on their skills, language, time zone, and availability to expedite resolution and continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Actionable Visibility and Insight – Performance Analytics allows us to monitor the environment in real-time—a dramatic improvement over the previous manual approach in both timeliness and data accuracy. Now dashboards provide our executives with up-to-the-minute data, giving them real-time insight into critical metrics and enabling them to drill down into the details and take immediate action.
One of our founding principles at ServiceNow is to bring to the workplace the same great user experiences that we all know and appreciate in the consumer world, such as easy-to-use, intuitive interfaces, online self-help resources, and fast issue resolution. The Now Platform does that for both our support customers and the ServiceNow employees who serve them to proactively eliminate issues and improve customer satisfaction.
You can learn more about ServiceNow Customer Service Management here .
Stay tuned for more Now on Now stories as we continue our journey to digitally transform IT.